Lactation Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 c flour (the more it has the thicker the cookie)
- 1 1/2 c oats can be quick oats
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp. Brewer’s yeast
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 3/4 c shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla (you can use less if you don’t like vanilla taste in your cookies)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder (any you like)
- 1/2 tsp. all spice (be careful to overdo it)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 10 oz. bag Dairy Free mini chocolate chips (you can use less if you don’t like it in your cookies)
- Heat oven to 350 (325 in convection oven)
- Medium bowl flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, all spice and cocoa.
- Medium speed mixer bowl, add shortening, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Mix on medium high for 1-2 minutes to mix well.
- Turn mixer to low setting, slowly add in flour mixture. Mix well.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add oats, mini chocolate chips, yeast and flaxseed. Mix by hand or spoon.
- Make ball with hand and place on Silpat™ or parchment paper on your baking sheet. Each cookie a tablespoon size and placed about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-9 minutes then wait 1-2 minutes to remove and place to plate. The cookie center may appear slightly "wet" and that is ok. Cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.
NursElet can help you sit comfortably and see the beautiful latch of your baby nursing on your breast; while you enjoy these delicious cookies. This is a perfect treat for new breastfeeding moms!!
Happy and Healthy Breastfeeding!